Saturday, February 26, 2011

Transition to Parenthood

I know, I know... I'm a week late for this blog post.  I was enjoying spending time with my family that I missed doing my blog for the regular time of the week.  It really threw off my groove :)   Anyway, two weeks ago in my family class, we discussed the transition into parenthood.  This was a topic of interest for me because my husband and I are getting for our first child to make her appearance.  Along with getting her here safely, I also worry about how my relationship with my husband will change.  I have realized that how the marriage fares after the birth of a child depends on large measure on what happens during the pregnancy.  Some of the suggestions were that the husband should attend doctor appointments, have him feel the baby kick, talk about the baby coming, and that the wife not be exclusive about the pregnancy.  As I reviewed some of these suggestions, I was relieved to find that my husband and I are on the right track.  He has attended all of the doctor appointments and is an active participant during them, especially during ultrasounds.  He already talks to our baby and loves to feel her kick around.  I know that he will be a great father but I know that we will also have to keep working on our relationship so that we are both able to feel satisfied in our marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment