Saturday, March 19, 2011

Family Finances

This week in class, we discussed family finances.  Inspired counsel has come from the Brethren on how a family can be successful with managing their finances.  The idea that touched me the most was that really the goal behind learning to manage our resources and finances is learning to manage ourselves.  I loved that because it is so true.  One of our goals of this life is to overcome the natural man and the tendencies and desires that come with that.  We become more like Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ when we learn to control our natural impulses and desires that we have being in a mortal world. 
Another concept that came up this week was mothers working outside of the home.  Once again, I felt the importance that comes from having a mother inside the home, taking care of her own children.  The Spirit once again testified to me the importance of staying home with my children even though I will have a bachelor's degree.  Sometimes it is tempting to go out and work to supplement our income, but what impact will it have on our children, especially in the long run?  I know that I need to be with my children to show them the way that they should go.  They need a positive example in their lives that is constant and available to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment